Sunday, February 14, 2010

Birthday & Valentine's Day Hike and Dinner




This weekend I turned 27. It is also Valentine's day. To celebrate we had a relaxing day of whatever I wanted (as well as tickets to Cirque de Soileil, a ski trip to Jackson Hole, a Holga camera, and chocolate waffles - I did well :) )! So we had a lazy morning, went on a really nice hike, and then out to dinner. We hiked from Wahkeema Falls to Multomah falls. It took us about two and a half and was so nice. It was a bit crowded down by each of the falls, but once we got onto the dirt trail and off the paved trail the crowds disappeared. There were tons of waterfalls and the scenery was amazing. I brought along my new Holga camera and Andy brought his too. There were plenty of opportunity for pictures. After the hike we went to dinner at the Portland City Grill and brought along a really nice bottle of wine. The dinner was good, though not my favorite. The view was cool because the restaurant is up really high in a building. After that we watched some of the Olympics...and I fell asleep. Overall, it was a totally awesome birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment