Saturday, January 23, 2010

Home Brew # 2


Today we bottled the second beer that we have brewed at home. The first was a nut brown ale, that I named "Bust a Nut Brown" and this is a chocolate stout, named "Twist and Stout" by Andy. Last time we brewed I dropped the hydrometer in the carboy which led to a lot of interesting objects being stuck in the sterilized carboy. whoops. This time when it was time to add the yeast, we couldn't find it. Turns out it had fallen out of and rolled under the fridge , and looked like it had been there for a loong time. So while Andy brewed, I drove from Portland to Hillsboro (where there was the only open home brewing supply store at that hour) and caught the guys there as they were locking to leave! beer crisis averted. While bottling, I made pork shoulder and bbq sauce in the slow cooker which came out really good. I also tried a recipe I saw on the food network where you cook walnuts and maple syrup together on the stove. This also came out good and was super easy and fast. As for the beer, we will taste it next week. Other news, tmrw I think we will ski/board in our newly acquired onesies from Andy's parents. They are soo 80's and soo amazing. Hopefully I will have pics to show tmrw :)

No comments:

Post a Comment